What Is Volcanic Pumice Stone?Pumice
, also known as volcanic pumice
, is a functional environmental protection material with a wide range of uses.
Pumice / volcanic pumice is a pollution-free environmental protection material that plays an irreplaceable role in construction, grinding and water conservancy. It is a variety of stone materials formed by volcanic minerals and glass after volcanic eruption. Nowadays, pumice is used more and more.
is a kind of vitreous lava with dense pores formed by the rapid cooling of magma in the process of volcanic eruption
, due to the rapid reduction of pressure and the rapid overflow and expansion of internal gas. Its pore volume accounts for more than 50% of the rock volume.
It is called pumice because it has many pores, light weight and can float on the water surface.
It is characterized by high strength, heat preservation, heat insulation, sound absorption, fire resistance, acid and alkali resistance, corrosion resistance, and no pollution, no radioactivity, etc.
Are pumice and volcanic stone the same kind of stone?
Pumice is a kind of volcanic stone.
Pumice develops a large number of pores, resulting in a very small proportion of rock, which is generally smaller than water, and can float on the water surface.
Of course, in fact, there is no volcanic stone in geology. It is generally called volcanic rock
, which refers to the rock formed in the form of volcanic eruption
Characteristics of Volcanic Pumice
1. Biochemical stability: pumice is corrosion-resistant and generally does not participate in the chemical reaction of biofilm in the environment.
2. Surface electricity and hydrophilicity: pumice has a positive charge on the surface and has strong hydrophilicity, which is conducive to microbial growth.
3. Impact on biofilm activity: as a biofilm carrier, volcanic rock biofilter material is harmless and non inhibitory to the fixed microorganisms, and practice has proved that it does not affect the activity of microorganisms.
Volcanic Pumice Stone Processing Machines
The machines that can be used to process volcanic pumice stone mainly include: crusher, grinding mill, conveyor, powder separator, reducer, screening machine
At present, the processing of pumice powder
mainly adopts Raymond mill
, which can grind powder to about 200 mesh
, and the pumice powder with higher fineness needs to use ultra-fine mill
1. Raymond mill
Raymond mill also known as YGM high pressure suspension grinding mill
is suitable for processing various non-lammable and non-explosive mineral materials with Moh's hardness less than 6 and humidity less than 6%.
Raymond millMax feeding size:
0.2-50 t/hRange of application:
Pumice, Barite, quartz, feldspar, mica, calcite, talc, apatite, gypsum, fluorite, limestone, dolomite, diatomite, ceramic soil, clay, marble, granite, fly ash, kaolin, calcium carbonate, slag, bauxite, glass, etc.Applicable material hardness:
Mohs hardness is less than 6.Applicable to material humidity:
less than 6%Performance characteristics:
1.Ertical structure, so it has small footprint, strong system.
2.Compared with other mills, Raymond Mill has high passing rate - 99%.
3.Adjustable particle size:80-325mesh
4.The main drive device of Raymond mill adopts airtight gear box and belt pulley, the transmission is stable and the operation is reliable.
5.Important components are made of high quality castings and profiles, ensuring the durability of the whole equipment.
6.The centralized control is used in the electric system, the mill can basically realize unmanned operation, and the maintenance is convenient.Parameters of Raymond mill
2. Ultrafine grinding mill
Ultrafine grinding mill is also named HGM ultrafine grinding mill
. It can be used for pumice, activated carbon
, limestone, calcite, marble, talc, barite, gypsum, dolomite, bentonite, mica, pyrophyllite, sepiolite, diatomite, graphite, alumite, fluorite, potassium feldspar , Phosphate rock, pigment
and other more than 100 kinds of non-flammable and explosive materials with humidity less than 6% and Mohs hardness not greater than 6 are processed into ultra-fine powder. The particle size of the finished product is 325-2500 mesh
).Ultrafine grinding millFeed fineness:
less than 20 mmDischarge fineness:
325-2500 mesh (0.044-0.005mm)Capacity:
0.5-45 t/hApplicable materials:
Pumice, activated carbon, limestone, calcite, marble, talc, barite, gypsum, dolomite, bentonite, mica, pyrophyllite, sepiolite, diatomite, graphite, alumite, fluorite, potassium feldspar , Phosphate rock, etc.Applicable material hardness:
Mohs hardness is less than 6.Applicable to material humidity:
less than 6%Performance characteristics:
- 1. HGM Ultrafine Grinding Mill has successfully replaced the jet mill, ball mill etc, simplifty the flow, reduce the production cost and increase the final powder fineness.
- 2. Wearing parts are made of wear-resistant materials. High utilization rate of Wear material: 2-5years.
- 3. Integrated design of powder milling and powder selection, with a smaller footprint.
- 4. Multi-layer grinding ring design for higher grinding efficiency
- 5. Wide grinding range. Adjustable particle size: 200-3000 mesh.
- 6. The structure is firm and reliable. The design of the mill is rigorous, so no screw loosening to damage the machine.
- 7. The operation of intelligent control system is more convenient.
- 8. Grinding cavity fully enclosed design and sound insulation room design. It is the green and ideal equipment for environment protection.
Parameters of ultrafine grinding mill
|Ring Number (PCS)
|Input Size (mm)
|Output Size (mesh)
|Outlet Size L*W*H (mm)
|Main motor power (kw)
Who we are?
Shanghai CLIRIK Machinery Co.,Ltd. has been committed to the field of ultra-fine powder grinding machines for 20 years.
CLIRIK has a first-class manufacturing base with standardized and intelligent production lines.
CLIRIK's professional R&D, sales, installation and after-sales teams have provided door-to-door services to more than 100 countries and regions.
Which models can be selected for processing ultra-fine Barite powder?
HGM grinding mill: 74-5 micron(200-2500 mesh); D97=5 micron
YGM Raymond mill: 613-33 micron(30-325 mesh); D90=30 micron
CLUM vertical roller mill: 20-5 micron(600-3000 mesh); D50=2 micron D97=4 micron
How to get the latest quotation?
You can leave a message online or contact CLIRIK directly:
Email: [email protected]
More about pumice
How to distinguish the three types of rocks
Igneous rockIgneous rock
, also known as magmatic rock
, is formed by the change of the crust, and the molten magma rises from the interior of the crust and then cools. Igneous rocks are the main rocks that make up the crust, accounting for 89% of the total mass of the crust. Igneous rocks are divided into three types: plutonic rocks, extrusive rocks and volcanic rocks according to the different cooling conditions of magma.
1. Plutogenic rocksPlutonic rock
is a rock formed by magma deep in the crust and slowly cooled under a large covering pressure. Its characteristics are: compact structure, large volume, high compressive strength, low water absorption, good frost resistance, wear resistance and Good durability. For example, granite, syenite, gabbro, diorite, and saffron.
⒉. Extrusive rockExtrusive rocks
are rocks formed under the conditions of reduced pressure and rapid cooling after molten magma is ejected from the surface, such as basalt and andesite used in construction. When extrusive rocks form thick rock layers, their structure is dense and similar to plutonic rocks. If the formed rock layers are thin, the formed rocks often have a porous structure, which is close to volcanic rocks.
3. Volcanic rocksVolcanic rocks
are also called pyroclastic rocks
. Volcanic rocks are clastic rocks formed when magma is sprayed into the air during a volcanic eruption, and after rapid cooling, it falls, such as volcanic ash
. Volcanic rock is a lightweight porous structure material, in which pozzolan is used in large quantities as a cement admixture, and pumice can be used as a lightweight aggregate to formulate lightweight aggregate concrete as a wall material.
Sedimentary rocksSedimentary rock
is a rock formed not too deep from the surface after the weathering of the original parent rock, through wind blowing and moving, flowing water, and deposition and reconstruction of rock. Sedimentary rock is a layered structure, and the composition, structure, color and layer thickness of each layer are different. Compared with igneous rock, its characteristics are: poor structure and small bulk density, high porosity and water absorption. Lower strength and less durability.
1. Mechanical sedimentary rocks
Weathered rock debris is formed by relocation, deposition and consolidation (mostly by natural cements) under the action of flowing water, wind and glaciers. Such as commonly used sandstone, conglomerate, volcanic tuff, claystone, etc. In addition, there are sand, pebbles, etc. (unconsolidated).
2. Chemical sedimentary rocks
The solution and colloid formed by dissolving in water after the weathering of the rock are relocated and precipitated. Such as commonly used gypsum, magnesite, some limestone and so on.
3. Biological sedimentary rocks
Deposited from biological debris in sea or fresh water. Commonly used about limestone, diatomaceous earth and so on.
Although sedimentary rock only accounts for 5% of the total mass of the earth's crust, it is widely distributed on the earth, accounting for about 75% of the surface area of the earth's crust.
Sedimentary rocks are used for a variety of purposes, the most important of which are limestones. Limestone is the main raw material for burning lime and cement, and it is also an important component of ordinary concrete. Limestone is also the raw material for building embankments and paving roads.
Metamorphic rocksMetamorphic rock
is a rock formed by the original igneous or sedimentary rock after high temperature, high pressure and other changes in the crust. After the sedimentary rock is metamorphic, its performance becomes better, the structure becomes denser, and it is solid and durable. For example, limestone (sedimentary rock) is metamorphosed into marble. However, after the igneous rock is metamorphic, the properties become worse, such as gneiss metamorphic from granite (plutonic rock), which is prone to delamination and exfoliation, which makes the durability worse.
Use of pumice
1. Live water: putting volcanic rocks into water can increase the content of oxygen ions in the water, and can also disinfect the aquarium, prevent diseases, and be conducive to the growth of fish. Moreover, volcanic rocks can also release trace amounts of infrared and a-rays, which are helpful to fish and human bodies.
2. Stabilize water quality: put volcanic rock into water, which can adjust water with high acidity or alkalinity to near neutral, and play a role in stabilizing water quality. Volcanic rocks are rich in minerals, It can improve water quality.
3. Lure color: some ornamental fish have the characteristics of being close to the color of the surrounding environment, such as arhat, parrot, red horse, etc. Put the bright volcanic pumice and discolored fish together to enhance the ornamental effect.
4. Adsorptivity: volcanic rocks have adsorptivity, which can not only adjust the pH of water, but also absorb harmful heavy metal ions and harmful bacteria in water,
Play a role in purifying water quality.
5. Cultivate nitrifying bacteria: the porosity and positive electric load on the volcanic rock surface are the hotbeds for cultivating nitrifying bacteria and microorganisms, and nitrifying bacteria are aerobic bacteria, which can improve water quality.
6. Promote metabolism: volcanic rocks contain dozens of minerals and trace elements, which can promote cell metabolism and enhance immunity.
7. Moisten the lungs: pumice smells salty and cold, which is also useful for moistening. Therefore, in addition to the upper energizer phlegm heat, it can stop coughing and soft and hard, clear its upper source, so it can also treat drenching.