When choosing a grinding mill, customers are faced with the choice of two transmission devices: reducer transmission and belt transmission.
So what is the difference between these two transmission modes? How should the transmission mode be selected for the grinding mill?
The reducer is generally used for low-speed and high-torque transmission equipment. The motor, internal combustion engine or other high-speed running power is used to achieve the purpose of deceleration by meshing with the large gear on the output shaft through a gear with a small number of teeth on the input shaft of the reducer. The reducer will also have several pairs of gears with the same principle to achieve the desired deceleration effect. The ratio of the number of teeth of the large and small gears is the transmission ratio.
The reducer has a wide range of applications in mechanical products. According to its use occasions and fields, the specific functions and effects are mainly as follows:
1. Reduce the effect of speed, reducer, as the name suggests, the preferred function is deceleration. The main object of deceleration is the motor. Whether it is a servo motor or a stepper motor, the effect is the same, because in many practical applications of the motor, It is difficult for us to fully use the rated speed of the motor, because it involves many other functional requirements and matching principles, so we will reduce the speed of the motor. It is a very common practice to reduce the speed of the motor through a reducer.
2. Increase the torque effect. The reducer can also increase the output torque of the motor correspondingly while decelerating.
3. Reduce the inertia of the motion mechanism. Anyone who researches and develops mechanical structures knows that the motion inertia of the equipment is a very annoying thing. If the inertia of a certain motion mechanism is not well matched, the stability, accuracy and life of the motion will be greatly affected, but it cannot In order to match the inertia infinitely to increase the choice of the motor, so this time the reducer has done its work.
4. Locking mechanism, the reducer also has a very important function, that is, the locking mechanism, such as the worm gear reducer, this kind of reducer has a self-locking function, when its reduction ratio reaches a fixed ratio, It can almost completely shield the reverse impact of the movement mechanism on the motor, and even completely lock the movement of the entire mechanism.
5. Reduce the production cost of the product. Because the reducer has the function of reducing the speed and increasing the torque, we can often make it into a "small horse-drawn cart" transmission form, using a small power motor to achieve greater torque output , So as to achieve the effect of saving costs, but when using this way, you must pay attention to the balance of the two parameters, that is, the balance of torque and speed. Large torque, especially in the non-standard automation industry, many truss manipulators adopt this structure, and the balance of speed and torque is very important.
6. Optimize the mechanical structure design. In many cases, because of the use of the reducer, we can choose a motor with a lower power, thus simplifying our entire product design structure, so that many functional components can be made more refined and compact, and avoid looking " Stupid and clumsy", this is also one of the reasons why mechanical design engineers are willing to choose to use reducers.
Belt drive is a mechanical drive that relies on friction to transmit movement and power.
The belt drive uses a tensioned (annular) belt, which is sheathed on the pulleys of the two drive shafts. It relies on the friction force generated when the belt and the pulley are tensioned to transmit the power of one shaft to the other shaft. Belt rotation can be used for large-distance transmission between two shafts (working machine and power machine). Due to the elasticity of the belt, it can alleviate the impact and reduce the vibration, and the transmission is stable, but it cannot maintain a strict transmission ratio (the ratio of the number of revolutions per minute of the driving wheel to the number of revolutions per minute of the driven wheel). When the transmission part encounters obstacles or overload, the belt will slip on the pulley, so it can prevent the damage of the mechanical part. The belt drive is simple, easy to operate, low cost, easy to maintain, and easy to disassemble and replace. However, because the belt slips on the pulley, the mechanical efficiency of the belt drive is low, and the durability of the belt itself is also poor, and it will gradually extend after a long time, so it should be adjusted at any time.
The characteristics of the belt drive are mainly manifested in: the belt has good elasticity, can alleviate the impact and vibration during work, and the movement is smooth and no noise. When the load is over, the belt slips on the wheel, which can prevent other parts from being damaged and play a safety protection role. The belt is the middle part. It can select the length according to the needs within a certain range to adapt to the working conditions with large center distance requirements. The structure is simple, easy to manufacture, easy to install and maintain, and low cost.
The disadvantage is that it is driven by friction and cannot transmit high power. There is sliding in the transmission, which cannot maintain an accurate transmission ratio, and the efficiency is low. When the same large circumferential force is transmitted, the outer profile size and the force on the shaft are larger than gear transmission and other meshing transmissions. Belt wear is faster and life is shorter
The difference between reducer drive and belt drive:
1. If it is a belt drive, the belt will expand during a period of work, the power will decrease, and the production capacity will decrease. Not as stable as a reducer
2. If the seal of the pressure wheel is not well done, it is easy to get dirty, and the service life will be greatly shortened.
3. The key materials used in the press wheel, spindle, mold, etc. determine its service life.
Fourth, the lubrication system ensures that as long as there is a bearing, it must be fully lubricated at all times.
Generally, for the stability of the equipment, CLIRIK's HGM series ultra-fine grinding mills are mostly driven by a reducer, but if you have special requirements, we can also configure a belt drive according to your needs.
How to choose reducer drive or belt drive?
Based on the above characteristics, we know:
- 1. The cost of belt transmission is lower than that of reducer, if the budget is limited, you can consider this
- 2. Reducer transmission is more stable than belt transmission, and does not require frequent belt replacement
- 3. The transmission efficiency of the reducer is higher than that of the belt transmission.
- 4. The reducer has relatively high requirements for equipment maintenance, and it is necessary to add lubricating oil frequently.
Hope the above analysis is helpful to you.Shanghai Clirik Machinery Co.,Ltd.
specializes in the production of various grinding equipment: coarse grinding, Raymond grinding, high-pressure grinding mill, superfine grinding, vertical grinding, etc., suitable for ore grinding powder from 30 mesh to 3000 mesh. Processable materials include limestone, dolomite, barite, gypsum, talc, quartz, feldspar, glass, etc. hundreds of materials.
Welcome to leave a message, consult online or contact us directly by WhatsApp: +86-13512155195