How to make mica powder?
There are two main production processes to making mica powder
: dry method
and wet method
The following introduces the dry purification production process with the largest market share-winnowing
There are currently two winnowing processing mica powder methods on the market: ordinary winnowing air purification method
and advanced winnowing air purification method
1. Mica Powder Making-Ordinary winnowing airflow purification method:
The processing flow is: beneficiation → coarse crushing → grinding → classification → packaging → finished product. The structure is relatively simple, resulting in high product purity, particle size, precious metal content, common whiteness of 65-72, and the number of meshes that can be produced is not high. Below 1250 mesh.
2. Mica Powder Making-Advanced air separation air purification method:
The production process is: beneficiation → coarse crushing → grinding → purification and classification → product → impurity removal → product → secondary purification and classification → iron removal → packaging → finished product, which has more prominent improvements in product purification, classification, impurity removal, and iron removal Therefore, the whiteness is generally around 74-80, which is equivalent to the wet method.
The difference between wet-process mica and dry-process mica:
Wet mica is the mica powder obtained by grinding in the wet state, and dry mica is directly ground in the dry state. The difference is obvious.
The wet method obtains a flake with a large diameter-to-thickness ratio, while the dry method obtains a much thicker one.
The flaky or granular form is especially obvious in industries with special requirements.
The wet processing cost is high, and the dry processing is simple.
In addition, the wet processing is generally white in appearance and soft to the touch.
CLIRIK's Mica Milling Production Line can effectively meet the production demand of high quality mica powder.
CLIRIK mica powder grinding mill:
CLIRIK mica grinding machine is widely used in barite, calcite, potassium feldspar, talc, marble, limestone, dolomite, fluorite, lime, activated clay, activated carbon, bentonite, kaolin, cement, phosphate rock, gypsum, glass, insulation materials and other non-flammable and explosive mining, chemical, construction and other industries with Mohs hardness not exceeding 7 and humidity below 6%.
The particle size of the finished mica powder mill can be arbitrarily adjusted in the range of 300-25000 mesh, up to 3000 mesh.
The mill is indispensable in mica powder processing technology.The treated mica powder can be 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 325 mesh, 400 mesh, 500 mesh, 600 mesh, 800 mesh, 1000 mesh, 1250 mesh, 2500 mesh, etc. .
It can also be customized according to the user's needs.The factory products are tested by international standards and test methods, and the quality of the products is excellent. CLIRIK mica mill satisfies different users, different production requirements and fineness.
Why choose CLIRIK mica grinding mill?
The air separation air flow of this CLIRIK mica grinding mill circulates in the cyclone-shell fan-separator. 1. It has less dust than the high-speed centrifugal crusher, which can keep the workshop clean and the environment free of pollution;
2. Can crush needle-shaped materials;
3. There is no temperature rise during the crushing process, which is suitable for crushing heat sensitive materials.
4. The sintered agglomerated ultrafine materials can be crushed, and the particle size recovery rate can reach 100% .It has the function of particle shaping and effectively improves the bulk density.
5. Material which can crush the fibrous tissue and also has the function of drying.
Working Principle of CLIRIK Mica Powder Mill:
The mica mill is mainly composed of the main motor, fineness analyzer, fan, finished cyclone dust collector, bag filter and connecting air duct.
Depending on the user's needs, it can be equipped with auxiliary equipment such as crushers, hoists, storage silos, electromagnetic vibration feeders and electrical control panels.
In the main machine, the abrasive roller assembly is suspended on the abrasive roller holder through a cross arm shaft. The abrasive roller holder is fixedly connected with the main shaft and the blade holder.
The pressure spring is pressed on the cantilever outer surface of the grinding roller bearing chamber to the cross arm.
The shaft is the fulcrum to force the grinding roller to press firmly on the inner surface of the grinding ring.
When the motor drives the main shaft to rotate through the device of trasmission, the blade is mounted on the blade holder rotates synchronously with the abrasive roller and the abrasive roller rolls in the inner circle of the abrasive ring, while rotating around its own axis.
The motor rotates the impeller of the analyzer through the transmission device: the higher the impeller speed, the finer the selected powder.
Advantages of CLIRIK mica powder mills:
- 1. Compared with the jet mill, CLIRIK mica mill has a wider application range.
- 2. Compared with other mica mill pulverizers, the material rolling pressure on the material from the mill roller provides 800 --- 1200Kg under the action of the high pressure spring. Energy saving, with the same yield and fineness, the energy consumption of the system is only one third of the jet mill.
- 3. The investment is small and the benefit is high. With the same yield and fineness, the price is only one eighth of the jet mill.
- 4. There are few production links Compared to jet mills, jet mills must first crush materials from 20mm to 100 mesh before they can be turned into ultrafine powders, while high-pressure micro-powder mills can directly feed materials with a particle size of less than 20 mm. The average particle size is achieved at once; ultra-fine powder of 6.5μm ～ 12.5μm.
- 5. The grinding device adopts superimposed multi-stage sealing with good sealing performance.
- 6. The dust removal effect of this mill fully meets the international dust emission standards.
How to choose a mica powder mill?
How to get the latest quotation of mica grinding mill?
You can leave a message online or contact CLIRIK directly:Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +8613512155195/+8613917147829 Further reading:
What is mica?
Mica is usually in the form of pseudo-hexagonal or rhombic plate, flake, and columnar crystals. The color varies with the change of chemical composition, and it becomes darker with the increase of Fe content.
Mica generally has polymorphism, among which the monoclinic system is common, followed by the trigonal system, and the others are rare.
The most common mineral species in the mica group minerals are biotite, muscovite, phlogopite, lepidolite, sericite and so on.
Muscovite is colorless, transparent or light-colored;
Biotite is black to dark brown, dark green and other colors;
Phlogopite is yellow, brown, green or colorless;
Lepidolite is lavender, rose red to gray.
Mica has unique acid resistance, alkali resistance, chemical stability, heat resistance, non-combustibility, good insulation, glass luster, and pearl luster on the cleavage surface. The Mohs hardness is generally 2～3.5, and the specific gravity is 2.7～3.5.
Types of mica
According to chemical composition and color, mica is usually divided into: muscovite, biotite, sericite, and phlogopite.
According to the processing technology, it can be divided into dry mica, wet mica and low iron mica.
According to the shape, size and processing stage, it is divided into mica ore, mica flakes, mica fragments, and mica powder. Our factory produces and processes various mica products.
Mica model: Mica ore, mica flakes, main specifications of mica powder: 20 mesh, 40 mesh, 60 mesh, 80 mesh, 100 mesh, 200 mesh, 325 mesh, 400 mesh, 500 mesh, 600 mesh, 800 mesh, 1000 mesh , 1250 mesh, 2500 mesh, etc.
Application range of mica:
Mica is widely used in welding electrodes, coatings, paints, plastics, linoleum papermaking, oil field drilling, decorative cosmetics and other industries.
- The use of mica in paint can reduce the damage of ultraviolet rays or other light and heat to the paint film, increase the acid, alkali and electrical insulation properties of the coating, make the coating bright and beautiful, and improve the durability, frost resistance, and resistance of the coating. Corrosion, toughness and compactness, reduce the air permeability of the coating, prevent spots and cracks, and also prevent paint precipitation. Mica powder replaces some raw materials of the paint, which can reduce costs and is an important filler for anti-corrosion coatings.
- Mica can be used as an additive for drilling mud in oil wells, and has a sealing effect.
- Mica powder is used in roofing materials to protect against rain, heat, heat, and decorate.
- Mica powder is mixed with mineral wool resin and paint, and can be used for decoration of concrete, stone and brick exterior walls.
- Mica can be used for linoleum, pipeline mortar and cement;
- Manufacture of decorative paint, sound-absorbing plaster, ceiling and concrete fillers;
- In rubber products, it is a lubricant, a release agent, a filler for high-strength insulation and heat-resistant, acid- and alkali-resistant products.